Nalagrah (Gurpreet Singh): In a significant development in the investigation into the IED explosion at Nalagarh Police Station earlier this year, Counter Intelligence units from Jalandhar and SAS Nagar have arrested two alleged key operatives linked to the attack.
The accused, identified as Mahavir alias Kaka and Manpreet alias Mani, both residents of SBS Nagar, were taken into custody during a coordinated operation. Officials said a .9 mm Glock pistol along with live ammunition was recovered from their possession at the time of arrest.
The blast at the police station in Himachal Pradesh’s Nalagarh on January 1, 2026, had raised serious security concerns. According to preliminary findings, the two suspects were allegedly acting under instructions from foreign-based handlers believed to be associated with the banned outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI). Investigators have named Gopi Nawashehria and Jassi Kulam as the alleged masterminds operating from abroad.
Police sources said the accused and their associates had reportedly received consignments containing RDX-based explosive devices and hand grenades. One such improvised explosive device was allegedly used in the Nalagarh attack.
Authorities revealed that six other individuals connected to the same network had already been arrested in earlier operations. Those suspects were allegedly involved in transporting and facilitating the movement of explosive materials. With the arrest of the two latest accused, officials claim the entire module behind the attack has now been dismantled.
Further interrogation is underway to trace the financial trail, communication links and possible sleeper cells connected to the group. Senior police officers reiterated that the state’s security agencies remain vigilant against cross-border terror networks and organised crime, and vowed continued action to safeguard public safety.
